Monday, May 01, 2006

Out of the darkness

And into the light.

I'm done. Wow... It took over a week to sink in, but as many of my friends pack up to leave for the summer or forever, I am more and more aware of the gravity of what has happened. Two years seems like it should be a long time, but it truly isn't. Or maybe time does speed up as you get older.

For an update - the York presentation mentioned below went well. Blogs are such a fascinating phenomenon....really quite amazing. Critical blessings and curses, they offer an opportunity for speech without any restriction, and offer authority to words that would otherwise go unheard. Sometimes it would have been BETTER had they gone unheard, but you take the bad with the good, I suppose.

I'm in the process of getting my apartment ready to move, and to head back to my native land for the summer. Then the job hunt begins - anyone with an offer for a writer/music critic with a lovely sense of humor and dedicated spirit should contact me.

I hope the posts will pick up, and tend more towards a musical or at least coherent nature now that the thesis is done. Until then, I return to my boxes and my packing tape.

No comments: