Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I am coming to the conclusion that he closest thing I'll ever do to becoming a singer is writing. It was always frustrating for me, when encountering vocalists, that they seemed to pull their work out of nowhere, whereas us instrumentalists spent hours in the practice rooms, toiling away.

Now that I'm writing almost full time, it seems like it's a similar exercise. Of course I get better the more I do it, but it's not like playing scales - I haven't discovered etudes for writing. It's simply a matter of DOING it, and hoping most days that it goes well.

It might also explain the diva attitude in some writers I know....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so's ya know's, I still check back on here often to see what you're up to. You best come back here someday and say hello! EH!