Monday, April 21, 2008

reflection

It is rare for me to encounter anything of note in the DC metro - most everyone has their heads down, focused on getting where they are going. It's near silent in the cars, most of the time, the only sound the whine of the cars running along the tracks.

Yesterday, when coming back from Dupont circle band practice, I noticed a tall man with an accordion getting off one car and getting back on the next car down the train. A moments debate had me following him. After a few moments, he approached me and asked if I'd like a "reflection".

Sure, why not.

A small slip of yellow paper, with "Reflection" printed on one side and three questions on the other:

What are you doing right now?

What could be done right now that you aren't doing?

Why doubt that what you are doing right now is not a sufficient activity?

Something to ponder for the day. And a bright red accordion to brighten up the rainy gloom.

No comments: