Sunday, March 19, 2006

thesising

I have never turly appreciated until recently what a massive effort goes into getting advanced degrees. I always thought it was kind of silly for folks to go to the trouble of starting a PhD and then never finish writing the dissertation. But now, as I near the final stretch of writing my MA thesis, I understand completley. The closer I get to finishing, the stronger the sensation that I don't want to ever see another word of my own writing again gets. I want to take this stack of paper, lock it in a box, and stop thinking about it. However, that can only really happen once I'm done, so I just need to push through.

But here is my declaration - I am never again writing a document of this size, unless there is a sizable book deal from Random House included in the mix.


Back to editing....

No comments: