Thursday, December 14, 2006

Damn me for my giggles

If the folks over at Dial M for Musicology are going to hell for laughing at this, I'll be right there beside them:

Voicemail Message from young Singer


It's really horrible, I know - but it's hard to resist the giggles. Music is a cold cruel world in many ways, and there is a certain in-club understanding held by those who truly interact with it's principles. But it seems so mystical and foreign to those outside...I don't know when you get to learn the secret handshakes, exactly, but it definitely happens at some point, and you're either in, or you're out.

Or maybe I'm out and I don't really know it? Being in the almost-but-not-quite-professional musical world is an odd limbo. Maybe it's more of a purgatory to the hell of professionalism...or heaven. Depends on how you look at it.

No comments: