Tuesday, July 24, 2007

languishing

Wow, it seems like along time since I've updated. Wait...it has been a long time! Go figure that switching to a web-based job would actually disconnect me from my web-based communications...

But my upcoming trip to the BlogHer conference in Chicago has inspired me to get back on the bandwagon, sort of. It's an interesting thing to create a conference specifically for women who blog, and even better that the subjects are not all topical (crafting, knitting, cooking...well, obviosuly the last one is ok) but also dealing with issues of community, of culture and expression among women. it's such an empowering force, self-publication, I'm curious to see how this exemplifies that. Many social issues involved...ah the little academic in me begins to cackle!

No comments: